Young Artist Nomination Process
Are you an art teacher* with an exceptionally gifted K–12 student you’d like to nominate for the Arts & Activities "Young Artist" feature?
If the answer is yes, please submit the following:
(1) A cover letter with your name, personal and professional email addresses, home address and telephone number, as well as the name, address and phone number of your school, and the position you hold there.
(2) Eight to 12 examples of creative work in the form of clear, well-focused high-resolution digital photos (at least 300 ppi/dpi and no less than 8" x 10" in size) on a DVD or CD-ROM. You may send the original artworks if good photos are unobtainable on your end (all visual materials are returned).
It is important to include a variety of media, by this we mean examples of sculpture/3-D work, ceramics, fiber art, painting, pastel work, ink drawing, color pencil drawing (graphite pencil is often too light), printmaking, collage, etc. Too much of the same medium may lead to our having to decline a nomination.
(3) Captions for all artwork, identifying the mediums used and the dimensions of the art (if there are titles for the works, please include these as well).
(4) A personal statement written by the student of no more than 100 words.
(5) The student's handwritten signature (first name only) in black ink on blank, unlined white paper.
(6) A clear, well-focused photo of the student.
(7) A signed release from the student's parent or guardian giving permission for his/her image and artwork to be published in Arts & Activities magazine.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Maryellen Bridge, Editor and Publisher
Arts & Activities Magazine,
* Nominations must be from art teachers; nominations from parents/relatives or students themselves will not be considered.
|Click Here To Download A PDF of the Artist Nomination Process|
The Student Art Release Form is saved as a PDF file so you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to open and read it.
You can get Acrobat FREE from Adobe at the following address:
Arts & Activities is a publication of Publishers Development Corporation.