Honor a Student
• To nominate a student for “Young Artist,” please submit:
(1) ten to 15 examples of a creative work (photos or originals, with captions) in a variety of media (e.g. paintings, sculpture, prints, clay, fiber, etc.)
(2) a typed personal statement, of about 150 words, by the student
(3) the student’s handwritten signature in black ink on white, unlined paper
(4) a clear, well-focused photo of the student
(5) a permission form signed by the child’s parent or guardian giving Arts & Activities the right to publish the child’s photo and artwork (see “nuts and bolts," above)
(6) a cover sheet with your name, home, school and e-mail addresses and phone numbers, as well as the student’s name, age, grade, school and home address.
• Young Artist nominations are only accepted from a student’s teacher, and all subsequent correspondence is between A&A and that teacher.
Mail it to A&A
Send all manuscripts, artworks and/or photographs, with a self-addressed, stamped envelope for the return of visual materials, to:
Maryellen Bridge, Editor in Chief
Arts & Activities Magazine
12345 World Trade Drive, San Diego, CA 92128
phone (858) 605-0242 • fax (858) 605-0247